Turntable bearings

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Carlos,

Since this thread started, I have received and installed my "banding wheel", like the one Paolo demonstrates on his video in this thread. I find that it works great for my engraving, even with my heavy GRS positioning ball vise. The one central bearing will revolve the vise about thirty times with one push, and it is totally silent. I do know that some work demands the low height turntable, but my GRS one was a bit noisy, and I am a big fan of GRS, and also like Lindsay products. True, turntables will support massive loads, but even a heavy ball vise is a very light load for most bearings. I thought that the single bearing of a banding wheel might give a problem with rigidity, but it does not, it is super sensitive, and the cost is much lower than a turntable.

Rod

leo

Elite Cafe Member
There's also a bearing offered by lee valley tools that is great if you want to make a turn table and is worth every penny I can't find it in there book to say what page exactly but if not mistaken it could hold double the wait of the one offered by grs

Aventuraal

There are also several different styles of bearings on McMaster-Carr's Site. Been using one for a while now; a little hitchey when I got it, but cleaned and lubricated (dry) it"so now quite smooth.