Cafe Interview with Lee Griffiths

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee, Great interview and kudos to Tira for a great interview format.
Let's not forget the engraving ----I always look forward to the next item with your talent forever cut into the steel.
You are an inspiration to all of us. Thanks a bunch!

Betty and I send our regards to you,Lisa and family.

Brian

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice interview. I always thought Lee was a real son of gun but now I see he's a very nice, humble man.
Just kidding (about the son of gun). I love the analogy of your family "Two we made, two we bought, and one we found". You seem to be blessed with a wonderful family. Oh ya your engravings are pretty darn good also.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Lee, I always admired your work, especially your game scenes on sporting guns. The dragon theme on the shotgun is fantastic...that beautifully sculptered trigger guard really is a work of art. Beautiful family you have the smiles on the children's faces are worth a million bucks. Keep up the good work.

Yours truly,
JJ Roberts

noud peters

Great interview, nice family Lee and beautiful work.
I'm looking forward to meet you in Antwerpen in nov. doing the intermediate engraving course.

Tira and Lee, thanks a lot

greatings Noud Peters, Holland

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Lee, the mountain man is priceless, your family is beautiful, if there is heaven you have the ticket already.
God Bless,
Kent

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Daag Noud, Het zal leuk zijn.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. We have an unusual family in some ways but fortunately in most ways we are just a bunch of people stumbling through life. Occasionally, a comment is made concerning our nobility for assembling the family the way we did. The truth is we were just plain selfish and wanted a couple more and that was the only way.

As long as I'm jabbering I will be at the upcoming Chicago knife show and invite everyone that wishes to come by the Glendo booth. That is where I will be unless I'm goofing off. Please bring your questions or plates along with your smile.

WDA

Lee,

A very enjoyable interview. Beautiful work and family. I hope to meet you someday
as I have some of the others that give of their time to teach the craft / art
of engraving. I can blame Sam Alfano for getting me hooked . I've enjoyed several
of his classes at GRS, as well as one with Diane Scalese. I am pleased to see this
forum up and running, inspiring many to reach out and try to achieve the beauty
of the work presented here.
Best regards to you and your family,
Bill A.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I miss Barney. The guy on childrens PBS just doesn't quite do it. Lousy backup when the Wells boys tip over the outhouse with aunt Maude in it.:D :D :D

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I stopped the privy tipping, Mom caught me... well, it was Mom that got tipped:eek: Our whole clan ain't nothin' but trouble.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee it is a pleasure to have you in the "family". You are an inspiration to us all, both in engraving and life. thanks for your contributions.........Great interview!!!......Ron S