100% Engraving

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is a Colt Commander I did a while back. I used a mix of several traditional styles of engraving on this one. It is finished in a subdued nickel plate and was inked (for contrast) after plating. I engraved just about everywhere you can engrave on this one so I feel pretty confident calling it 100% engraving! I used this as a sample piece for a couple of years.
Hope you enjoy,

Weldon

Attachments

• IMG_0057(GUN)_edited.jpg
    IMG_0057(GUN)_edited.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 415

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Wow, that's a very rich treatment! Beautiful job, Weldon. I hope you'll add this one to the Gallery. It's a beauty. / ~Sam

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Weldon that's a beauty. You should be proud of that. Since it's not a sample anymore does that mean you sold it? Is that some kind of new tools for engraving that you have in your avatar:)

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks, Mike
Yes, the Commander & I parted company a while back. As for the avatar, that's my "suit" from my other job with the SAFD.

Thanks again,

Weldon

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Weldon, Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you send it to me and let me hold it & look at it for a couple of 4-5 yrs? :D I love it. I've been wanting a 1911 for to engrave and keep for myself, just haven't broke down & done it yet. Keep up the beautiful work. Dwayne

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Weldon That gets a real big WOW!!!
I have a Colt Silver Star from the Custom Shop and someday I will try my hand at it...
Your work is an inspiration and something to study and work toward...
Thanks for sharing...
JL Seymour

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Weldon...Beautiful coverage on the 1911 Colt certainly 100%. Happy 27th anniversary.

Yours truly,
JJ Roberts
School of Artistic Engraving
Manassas, VA

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Weldon.......great stuff as always!
I have an old (and unengraved) Series 70 Gold Cup National Match that has been my CCW for many years and your work is getting me to think about scratchin' it up.

Thanks again for the display.

Brian

WDA

Really nice work. If your as good a picker as you are an engraver, I'd like to hear you sometime!

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
WDA.......I wouldn't be surprised if Weldon is as good at the guitar as he is at engraving.
I apologize if I'm wrong ,but from what I understand, Weldon's father is Big Bill Lister and toured with "THE" Hank Williams in the 50's.

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,

You are correct, my dad was known as "Big Bill" Lister back in the '50's and he worked the Opry, recorded for Capitol Records & toured with Hank sr.

Weldon

Latest posts

Sponsors