+ Reply to Thread
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is this Hermes Engravograph worth?

We originally bought this New Hermes Engravograph a few years back for over $1000 with the intent to engrave the plastic info plates that we use for our medical equipment but we found a good source for our engraving needs.

I am not totally sure of the model number. The only thing that seems to be missing is the belt and the motor runs fine. I have a full set of fonts and bits but we are looking to sell it locally or possibly ship it with in the continental U.S. But since we are not experts, I am hoping some of you might have some info on this unit and what it is worth vs what we should be able to get out of it.

It is for sale of course but hoping you guys could help me out in pricing. Thanks for all your information.
    Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

i'd try looking for comparable units on eBay. make sure you check listings for the last 6 months or so, not just what's for sale at the moment.

oddly enough, i had one like this in the early-mid '80s and sold it after letting it collect dust for about 6 months. learned to letter by hand and never looked back. AND i may still have a belt for it! awhile back i was rummaging thru a box of old stuff and ran across a few spare parts. let me know the size and i'll see if i can find it again.
    Mitch Moschetti

MRM ENGRAVING
    www.mrmengraving.com

Post Thanks / Like

I recently acquired a very similar machine at our local "transfer" station. The belt is very narrow and I am not sure how to measure it. It is very close to 5 inches if measured as a circle.

I was thinking it may be useful as a pantograph as the labels it makes are of limited use to me.
    Peter E.

Post Thanks / Like

The jewelry shop I used to work for 6 years ago used one of these as an anchor for artificial fishing structure at their lake house. It was a shame to see it go. I kept all the nice gears and whatnot. These are a hard sale these days what with all the computer aided machines available. I saw one of these on ebay for $200 with no bids ending today.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I have seen a wide range of prices all over the internet from $1000 to a few hundred. So I was unsure as how to price it. It looks like a good machine that could do a lot in the right hands. But, yes we ended up going with a firm that has a computer one as well and has faster turn around. Thanks for all the input. Guess I will post it up and see what happens.
    Last edited by J Dillon; 04-17-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have also tried to find a manual for it but since I cannot find the exact model number, any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

i'd contact nh and give the serial # email fotos if you can. i'm sure some old timer there would be able to help you. you could also contact laird equipment co. the former owner robert h laird is deceased. i believe his son still operates the business. when bob was alive, he sort of specialized in buying/selling used nh panto machines. try www.laird equipment.com. it's located in eastern pa.
    try www.bobattrophyparts.com
    Last edited by monk; 04-19-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    i'd contact nh and give the serial # email fotos if you can. i'm sure some old timer there would be able to help you. you could also contact laird equipment co. the former owner robert h laird is deceased. i believe his son still operates the business. when bob was alive, he sort of specialized in buying/selling used nh panto machines. try www.laird equipment.com. it's located in eastern pa.
    try www.bobattrophyparts.com
    I did get a hold of Bob and he gave me lots of information about this unit. Thank you very much. I almost want to keep this unit and start doing custom engraving of gun handles, barrels and the like. He even sent me to a website where I can get cool templates. So I guess if it doesn't sell I might just start doing this on the side.