CZ mod. 83 starting engraving

aalv2003

I recently start engraving this CZ 83.
There are some pics of progress.
Of course all critics and recommendations are wellcome!!
Here in Montevideo Uruguay we have not any engraver school even we have not engravers now!! just one old engraver left and me starting.
This forum has been, it is, and will be my school, and all the members are my teachers!
Alberto.

Attachments

• CZ-004.jpg
    CZ-004.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 186
  • CZ-003.jpg
    CZ-003.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 182
  • CZ-001.jpg
    CZ-001.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 188
  • CZ-002.jpg
    CZ-002.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 183

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
given the control you show on the scroll spines, i'd say this piece will turn out quite nice.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This café is one of the best and most comprehensive schools for all types of hand engraving, and sources of inspiration for the art. Thanks to Sam and all those who participant in this cafe, everyone has benefited. A person has an opportunity here to discover a world view of art, hand engraving, and the like, that is hard to find anywhere else. If all could be organized in a book the cost would be prohibitive, but much of the research and study on the subject of hand engraving will have us ultimately revisiting this site over and over again. The best part of it all is that it is all readily at our fingertips, if were willing to make the effort and be open to learn and discover new ways/approaches to doing things. As a primary tool for any hand engravers tool box this site provides essential guidance. On the subject of hand-engraving, it is right here and now at The Engravers Café that you will find "The Ultimate Hand Engraving Guide to the Perplexed". You'll find that people will share their hard-earned knowledge and experience generously here, and help you to address any questions or concerns you may have on the subject. The questions and answers that are furnished at the Engravers Café address issues and concerns that all hand engravers have faced at one time or another. The new ideas and tutorials presented here provide us some of the best explanations and examples we can find anywhere. We are all unlocking the mysteries of the art together. We are all teachers. We all learn from each other. The questions and answers here are lessons for everyone.

Last edited:

aalv2003

I know that perfectly Mdengraver. In fact, when I mentioned The Cafe is my school, its for real. I never know any engraver in person, never see any engraver doing engraving here in my country. Instead of (without paying one cent) I watch here many many vids and tutorials, ask several questions, learn about equipment and manteinance, and so.
Remember the movie MATRIX, when Neo is connected to the matrix (a nasty metal stick is introduced in his brain), and after some body shaking he said: " I know jiu jitsu"!!? well, same with me in the Cafe: after several months leeching info (without the stick in the brain) I said: "I KNOW ENGRAVING!!" hehe.

Latest posts

Sponsors