New Ring

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
So I haven't been that active on the forums lately, but I thought I would post a few pics of my latest ring jillian undergallery.jpg Jillian finished.jpg Jillian engraved.jpg

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
KF,

A very lovely ring, complex design, all done with great precision!

Your millgrain beading on the edges is commendable. May I ask, do you achieve that result by just starting slow, bulding up the depth and correcting the line as you go deeper, or do you cut guide lines that the edges of the milgrain roller run on?

Rod

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
KF,

A very lovely ring, complex design, all done with great precision!

Your millgrain beading on the edges is commendable. May I ask, do you achieve that result by just starting slow, bulding up the depth and correcting the line as you go deeper, or do you cut guide lines that the edges of the milgrain roller run on?
Rod[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I always try to cut a border. In this case to border served two purposes it gave me a guide line for the engraving and a nice bevel to millgrain onto after the work was done. the other things I find that make my millgraining look nicer is I always polish the ring before I millgrain, then just touch up with a horse hair wheel afterwards; and I put the millgrain tool in a GRS quick change collate and use a gravermax.

Latest posts

Sponsors