Drawing+ Work in progress

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
This is an ring i will be engraving/ carving leafs will be gold inlay Engraving with 9mm. I first engraved it on a brass plate to make some smoke prints which i put on the ring. An good way for these complex style engraving.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Bram, you are one talented guy. I respect the beauty and precision of your layout.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the only thing worse than the bums that buy stolen work at bargain prices, are the damn bottom feeders that steal the work of others. btw-- a very interesting design.

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for the nice comments!!! @ Roger this design is based on the Louis XVI style, how i develop a design like that, a good question the secret of drawing ornamental drawings is to draw a lot. I personally draw minimum 10hours a week. An other trick is i look everywhere around me for ornamental art ironwork/ woodcarvings/ marquetry/ friezes etc And since i know which styles i like i concentrate on them and try to give it my touch. I try..

@ Eric yes the raised border isn't making it easy but i did this by purpose the borders will protect the 22K gold inlay.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you for the nice comments!!! @ Roger this design is based on the Louis XVI style, how i develop a design like that, a good question the secret of drawing ornamental drawings is to draw a lot. I personally draw minimum 10hours a week. An other trick is i look everywhere around me for ornamental art ironwork/ woodcarvings/ marquetry/ friezes etc And since i know which styles i like i concentrate on them and try to give it my touch. I try..

@ Eric yes the raised border isn't making it easy but i did this by purpose the borders will protect the 22K gold inlay.

Merci Bram, Thanks for answering and the additional images of your work. Here in the states it is rare for us to see ornamental art ironwork/ woodcarvings/ marquetry/ friezes etc. in public places like in Europe. Many American engravers live in rural locations that may be rich in nature but poor in sophisticated architecture. Every time I am in Europe I am fascinated by all the beautiful ornament I see in the cities and towns.

Roger

Latest posts

Sponsors