Scratching things

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
I thought I'll join with all the people who are showing their practice plates and other wonderful engravings. Few days ago me and my father got finally set up engraving workbench, building all needed tools etc and I got a chance to see what I remembered and learned from basic engraving class from Sam.

Here are 3 things I've worked on during last 2 days.

First photo is of my first knife I've ever engraved. It's really simple with running wheat border on the backside. Boy, did I break engraver tips on that... During engraving week Sam insisted that I show my first engraved knife, well, here it is :)

Second photo is of knife blade, knife itself is work in progress. Design is my own (borrowed heavily from Rom Smith's book) and I already learned quite a lot about design doing just this one. But if you have any comments about it, please let me know.

Third is key fob for my friend's birthday. I think I should name it 'hairball', because shading reminds me that :)

Success and loads of happiness!
Viljo

Attachments

• esimene_nuga.jpg
    esimene_nuga.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 177
  • esimene_tera.jpg
    esimene_tera.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 191
  • esimene_votmehoidja.jpg
    esimene_votmehoidja.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 182

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice work!

If you don't tell them it's engraved people will go nuts trying to figure out the 'filework' on the knife spine. ;)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Congratulations on your first engraved knife, Viljo! Looks great...keep up the good work! / ~Sam

Latest posts

Sponsors