Help, please: Grs bracelet bender

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's how it got rough to begin with... from not being heated up enough or it cooled too much before putting the lever down. Go ahead and heat it up and get 'er done! You won't ruin anything if you don't tip it over and spill the metal.

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
I just received my GRS bracelet bender and so I read as many threads as I could find. It seems to be working well except that on 18ga silver I still get a very, very small wrinkle on the outer edges. It barely shows but it bothers me. I have remelted the low temp metal in the cup. I also tried not depressing the handle all the way on the first pass. I tried moving about 1/8 inch between bends. I have also tried tilting slightly. I am using blue painters tape to protect the bracelet. Lastly, I tried sanding smooth the top edges of the cup. Sounds like I am still doing something wrong. Appreciate any input.

Thanks! ~David

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I use a bracelet bender of my on making. I don't get little wrinkles along my edges. Thayer are major wrinkles along my edge. I just work them out with a leather mallet on a ball hitch in my vise. No more wrinkles.

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Chujybear, that does work for me as well but it seems like there would be a way that the GRS Bender would not leave those marks.

Latest posts

Sponsors