Help, please: Grs bracelet bender

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
Santa
Dropped one under the tree. He found me 1k miles from home. Smart fellow he is
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356451394.839599.jpg
But i have a question
The edge of the cup is ruff as they come. Is this a problem does it need to go back. Looks like it was finished in 9th grade shop class
Being how i have never used one didnt know if it could scratch a blank

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That doesn't make any difference at all. If you want it smoother around the edges, just re-melt the low temp metal in the cup with a propane torch and put the handle down and let it cool. :)

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I'd like to see this "super bender"... though if'n it's powered by shoulder muscles I probably couldn't use it these days.

Was an image or description ever posted? I don't recall seein' one, but memory isn't functioning as well either...

Leonards' kick press could do the job if he got around to making the forming dies.

I have to cheat now and use a powered hydraulic press :(

Brian

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'll take it for spare parts. mine still worx fine. i should show you folks my buckle "masher". it's a gem of shop insanity, but works. sorry, just tilt yer monitor to 270 !

Attachments

• BCKL BNDR.JPG
    BCKL BNDR.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 345

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
No, not lead for us kids,

It is one of the many brands of very low melting point alloys, such as 'Cerrobend', that are often used for such things as bending metal tubes ... trumpets, etc. without kinking. Melt it, pour it into the straight tube, let it cool, bend the tube without creasing, warm up the tube and pour out the reusable alloy. Plumbers stick a coiled spring into standard copper pipe to do this fast, some fill with sand, but the low temp alloys are good for delicate work.

Rod

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
Yall think if I take my turbo torch to the outside edge it will flow back smooth ?
Or must the entire pot be heated ?

Sponsors