A knife for my wife

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
I’m running out of knives to deface. Here’s one I did for my cowgirl, Laurie. She’s been working in Teluride Colorado for a few weeks and I’ve been loafing at home at the bench. She gets back home tomorrow. (Thought this might make her look past the jungle that used to our yard.)
Lots of mistakes still but, hey I'm having a good time.

As always, your advise is really appreciated. (About the knife, not the wife.):D

hmw

Jim, Very nice work my friend! That should take the edge off Your wife when she sees the growth in the yard. Tell her its been pouring in Texas since she has been gone........I will back you up on that one buddy for sure. I have had roads washed out, and the tumbleweeds are head high along the fence lines, so when the wind blows this fall after they turn loose.....well there goes the fence!

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
HMW,
Man youre not kiddin'. She's been gone for 4 weeks and its rained every day but 4 since she left. We got 5 1/2 inches yesterday alone. I have 2 horse with thrush and not a dry place to put em. Ive been wearing rubber boots so long that I my feet forgot what leather feels like.

Last year we were moaning about there being no hay with the draught but this year we're wondering where to build the ark! I spent a couple thousand $ last year hauling in road base to build the road to my cabin and its now all in the possession of my neighbor down the hill. I think I'll send him a bill. But all being equal, I'll take flood over draught anytime.

Thanks for your support, HMW, . Us TX boys gotta stick together, Huh?

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think as long as all the 'jungle' is outside you'll be fine - especially with a nice 'I was thinking of you the whole time' gift like that.

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim,

I bet she'll be really, really proud of your work. The grass'll keep growing, but you only get a knife like that once or twice in a lifetime, how thoughtful of you to share it with someone special!
You did a great job, keep it up.
FYI: it's wet in Welfare Texas too!

Weldon

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I appreciate your encouragement very much.

I think Laurie is very happy with her knife. I gave it to her when I picked her up at the airport and she admired it the whole trip back home. Then when I got home from work today SHE had mowed the lawn!
(Truth be told, she has the green thumb in this family and does all the the yard work / gardening anyway.)

Weldon, I have been studying your mandolin tailpieces and would like to try to incorporate an element of one of your designs (the third photo in your post) into a knife at some point in the future if its alright with you.

coincutter

Elite Cafe Member
Great work Skip.

How many margarita's did that one take?
Next time you come we are moving on to mohitos with peppermint leaves and more exotic gravers.
Proud of you!

Only thing I see that you screwed up on was the trade out. I get Linda to mow the yard and I haven't cut her a knife or a coin. She does have a lot of ivories though. This week she went nuts and ordered a shiney new 18 volt weed eater so I wouldnt have to hurt myself cranking up the gas one. Now if I could just get her to cut coins I could come down to the ranch and goof off for a while.

See ya later.

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
I spent the afternoon lookin at you photos on your web page,Great job i love what you have done there!!!!
Steve

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Steve E and Steve B!
I need to post some new pics on the website and add an engraving section. We've done a lot since the website was last updated. The most significant of was to build a nice studio for engraving and add a small apartment for guests in the loft of the barn. Thanks for visiting the website and for taking the time to leave a note in the guestbook too.

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim,

No problem, Thanks for the compliment! I posted the photos (like everyone else does) for inspiration!

Thanks,

Weldon

Latest posts

Sponsors