Fixture for engraving rings

hamlertools

I was railroaded into an engraving job this week that I wasn't prepared for. A friend wanted some ferruls engraved and it was a first round engraving job for me. I made a simple fixture for holding the rings and thought I would share.
Go to my blog http://hamlertools.blogspot.com/ for pictures and a description.
Thanks
Paul

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice fixture. Must be nice having the machine shop at your disposal. By the way, I looked at the picture of your office from your web site. That is a very nice pool table you have there! If we should ever meet, I challenge you to a game! :D

Peter

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Careful what you get yourself into there Peter

From what I understand challenging Paul to a pool game is like challenging the Devil to a wrestling match for souls. Just do yourself a favor and don't put any money on the table.:cool:

Ray

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ray,
Thanks for the advice. I would assume Mr. Hamler would be an accomplished player. If his talent in pool compares with his skills with tools, it would be a pleasure to see.

Peter

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Paul: Yours is much more sophisticated than mine.
Here's my method. One GRS ring holder and one allen wrench. / ~Sam

Attachments

• ring_holder.jpg
    ring_holder.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 291

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paul,

That little ditty might come in pretty handy for engraving scope rings as well. I usually clamp the rings to a wooden dowel of the appropriate size but that fixture looks so cool!!!

Awesome,

Weldon

Latest posts

Sponsors