$3 Winchester practice plate

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you, Loyd Freeman for bringing these nice practice plates to my attention.
To actually cut stainless steel relieved a lot of my doubts and fears.
My experience was full of mistakes, yet, it was full of valuable lessons to learn.
In the end, the experience was fun...
With two more practice plates to play on...
Thanks,
Stephen

Attachments

• bb64 004_edited-1.jpg
    bb64 004_edited-1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 213
  • bb66.jpg
    bb66.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 214

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
That looks great, Stephen! But be careful... Knives are addictive. I'd hate to think we won't be seeing more of your great looking nickels! :)

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Pretty cool for something to practice on, But, just my opinion, maybe someone with more experience will chime in here, but as your skill level improves up the quality of your canvas. Dwayne

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stephen, don't let your guard down. all stainless steel is not the same. Take practice cuts on things you haven't tried in some obscure location before you leap. Once you discover a certain model will engrave well, you are OK, but watch every time you get a new brand knife and tell your customers you will have to test it before you commit......Some stainless is murder for fine line work particularly............. as your skill level improves, you definately will look for better quality items, but that tends to be relative to to what people will pay......Whatever product you can find to work on is "good" if you can cut it and get money to make it worth doing it......evolution willl come............Ron S

Latest posts

Sponsors