The Mayan Calendar "Bulino style"

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
It took me 4 years to complete , to my satisfaction, my first pair of spurs. Now, my times are down to a month plus.
I have heard numerous makers state their goal is an eight hour day.

Buster Warenski and other top flight makers don't work by the hour. Churchill and Smith could care less about the time involved. To my knowledge both average a year plus on special commissions.

The craftsmen overseas don't think twice about putting 10, 000 plus hours into a piece.

In doing this type of work you have the choice between hobby, production and art.
There have been millions of painters in years gone by, but VERY few are remembered, as are Rembrandt, Picasso, etc.

Keep up the good work and follow your own path.

Last edited:

Julia.J

I've been in love with the Aztec and the Mayan art style as long as I remember and this is stunning work!
If this is your starting ground for bulino style, I can't wait to see more! Amazing.
Oh, do you happen to have any progress photos?

Take care,
Julia

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
As to Beathard's what will the market bear, Buster received $1, 000, 000 plus for the King Tut.
To my knowledge, Winston Churchill gets $100, 000 plus for his work.
Ron Smith likewise in his pricing. BUT, as they have acknowleged , their customer base is very limited.

Al Scott priced his masterpieces well under $10, 000. Dealers would then price them at $60, 000 plus!

Most bits are selling in the $500 to $5, 000 range. Recently Ernie Marsh had a piece on the market for $30, 000.

Google fine engraved shotguns. One half million is not unheard of.

And look at that Faberge egg. If he received 30 mill for it what was the resale value, $150, 000, 000?

Last edited:

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mayan vs Aztec Calendars

http://www.believeittour.com/mayan-vs-aztec-calendars

The Maya don't have a nice, neat zodiac calendar - the start of their 365 day 'vague year' shifts from year to year - but the Aztecs did. Since Maya is 'in' at the moment, the Aztec calendar got relabeled by the New-agers, who are rather cavalier about facts.
The most important calendar to the Maya was a 260 day cycle, which clearly does not match the solar year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors