shading a design

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
I received a like alert for this thread and clicked it to see what it was . After looking at it I thought it was worth bringing it to the front for people to review once again. There have been a lot of design threads as of late so it seemed timely.This will also illustrate how a search of the archive can be worth the time.

Thanks, Chris

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Chris;
Thanks for you input into this thread. I looked at the design and the only thing I noticed was the large size of the first leaf structure and couldn't even imagine how I would shade it. Didn't even pickup on the fact that it overlaid the scroll. It all becomes so obvious when it is pointed out. I hope some day that my cranium will have enough info stored so that I can see these things. To me You and many others on this forum are deities of the metal engraving art form Thanks again for taking the time to post.
Cheers
Don

Didyoung,

You have some very nice leaf structures and good flow but the way this design stands it would be difficult to shade many things. I made some notes on things that could be different. Then I redrew it with some suggestion's on what to change. These are not the only way it could be done . I tried to stay as close to yolur design as I could. i didn't want or think that the essence of the design needed anything. The things i thought need4ed attention i worked on.

I think that you would find it much easier to shade this one. Of course feel free to change things as you see fit there are a number of ways that it could be done.

I will cut and shade this in the next couple days and post what i come up with.

Chris

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You can tell the posts, like this one, is a classic when you need to check the date of the original post. These types of posts are CLASSIC!, never failing to garner attention and always instructive.

Bill

Latest posts

Sponsors