children in the workshop

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
In last 2 weeks, some children come to the studio. At first
two children came to the studio and watched how I work.They wanted to try yourself.
and then came more children ... and more... It is no longer enough work benchs..

The children take pains. I promised them later to give certificates.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's great! Engraving doesn't have to be a dying art. We just need to pass it on.

mrthe

This is Great Evgeni, soon you can open a new Art School with all this young students! :)

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
Wonderful

I greatly admire your patience with the children.:tiphat:

I do not believe many would be able to function with all the children around, again nice job!!!! :clapping:

Have a wonderful life you are certainly deserving. :happyvise: :tiphat: :clapping:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great pictures Evgeni and lovely children, I also like to have them around because they are straight, original and inspiring, always a pleasure, thanks for sharing.
Willem

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
evgeni: there's nothing greater than inspiring a child. even if later on they choose to go in some other direction. you have given them a precious "stepping stone" one that will remain with them for a lifetime.

bigransom

Elite Cafe Member
It is a noble work to pass on a craft to the next generation. They will love it, and we need to encourage the pride and artistic acheivement in mastercraft hand work.

One request: I'd really like to see the children, and actually everybody but especially the children, wearing safety glasses when they are working, engraving, or generally in the shop where work is happening. A steel sliver in the eye could be devastating - or worse. I have many pairs in my shop and production rooms that go unused and would be happy to send them to you at my cost, if you need some to accomodate your guests. Just say the word and PM me with shipping info and it's done.

Thanks for your patience with the kids as well. I'm surprised the two I had made it out of the house! Many days I thought it was them or me. :)
scottd.

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
Thank You all
Actually we not do something serious
We just have fun

One request: I'd really like to see the children, and actually everybody but especially the children, wearing safety glasses when they are working, engraving, or generally in the shop where work is happening. A steel sliver in the eye could be devastating - or worse. I have many pairs in my shop and production rooms that go unused and would be happy to send them to you at my cost, if you need some to accomodate your guests. Just say the word and PM me with shipping info and it's done.

Thank you for your readiness to help, but for now they are not need of safety glasses .
The children are very small and for now they work without removing of material
Thank you again bigransom :tiphat:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Excellent Evgeni! Happy to see you encouraging the younger generation in your fine art :thumbsup:

bigransom

Elite Cafe Member
Thank You all
Actually we not do something serious
We just have fun

Thank you for your readiness to help, but for now they are not need of safety glasses .
The children are very small and for now they work without removing of material
Thank you again bigransom :tiphat:

If you decide that you want them, or need them, just let me know. I'll get some to you anytime you ask. Thanks again for your investment in the continuation of the craft.
scottd.

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
It is a joy to see that children are interested in the art of engraving. Sure that future generations will bring us good teachers of engraving.
Thanks for showing the photos.

Antonio

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
We keep working :hammer:
:drawing:
:chip:

click to enlarge

As said Dmitri Mendeleev : "...Ordered chemical laboratory talk about lazy chemist ... " :rolleyes:

It's Time for the diplomas

The first 3:

Video vith some moments:

[video=youtube;COfkomOX-Lw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COfkomOX-Lw[/video]

After a few days I will start a new course with new kids

This Was :tiphat:

Last edited:

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
They are having fun, that is why they are there. Please keep up the great work with the children.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Remarkable! Your a generous man to share with the children your skills and love of your art. You are an inspiration for us all to follow. Fred

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Evgeni, thank you...people like you make the world a better place for the rest of us!!!
:clapping:
Stewart

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Evgeni,

You are doing a wonderful thing, inspiring the young ones at exactly the right age, to discover what they already know at a deep level, that they have opposing thumbs combined with a creative brain, and yearn to have a challenge. We are all tool makers by evolution, unfortunately our modern education concentrates too much on training us from the neck up ..... not a good plan for our future.

I have just finished up another week of teaching, and of course this forum is filled with many who teach their craft in a way that encourages self exploration.

In my homeland of Scotland, I still have a charming small cottage in a small village, and at this time I rent it to friend who is a harp maker. You would enjoy meeting each other, he is a good wood carver, yet he has recently discovered his talent for teaching the young. When I visit with him, and just after the school bell rings at the end of the day, many young ones come on foot or on bicycle to the harpmaker's workshop, their hero, where he has set up a number of very small, low workbenches, for them to do their craft projects. As the years go by, he is spending more and more time teaching tool use to the young, and is now forever late in his harp deliveries! You seem to be doing both very well!

Congratulations

Today, I am trying to finish a flute, which must be in the mail by this afternoon. A big storm is slamming in from the Pacific with heavy rains and winds, and any minute I might loose electrical power. The flute goes to a player in Manaus, half way up the Amazon River in Brazil. It is the place where the rubber barons of the 19th century made a lot of money and built an opera house to tempt prima donna's in Paris to come up the steamy river thousands of miles to sing for them. I do not think many came? I do not know how players in these remote parts find me, as I have no website, but I am grateful they do. Of course, what was once a small outpost in the 19th century, is now a city of one million! Now I have to pray the flute gets to the player safely, the postal system is not reliable.

Rod

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rod, With your past adventures and your penchant for travel and exploring I would suggest that you build in "hand delivery" and take them to their new homes. Fred