Question: Finding scroll patterns

Jericho

:thinking: I am wondering what is a good place online or a book or something of the sort to find good scrollwork patterns. I can draw my own but I would rather be using that time to draw animals and such for my projects. If anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated.:tiphat:

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What type of objects are you engraving? This would give us a good direction to start you.

There are plenty of scroll designs in various books by dover. I've used quite a few of them to quickly and easily create bracelet designs

Other than that, I personally have a room full of various books that I use for inspiration. Starting with Ron Smith's two books and Lee Griffith's book and dvd.

Jericho

Sorry, I should probably have mentioned that I mainly work with knives and firearms (both metal and stockwork) Currentley I am working on the sides and barrels of an antique coach gun. I would like to frame the owners name on the side with some scrollwork. I realize there are many styles for many different types of items. I'm sort of just looking for a general database.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sam alfano, our benevolent landlord sells a dvd on scroll development he also sells these dvd"s in a downloadable form i tried a downloadable version of the wax transfer methods he employs. it wont load on my system, so i'll be getting same on a dvd. of the instructional material sam offers, it's all very good material and easy to absorb..

Sponsors