Cafe Interview with John Barraclough

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That Colt is pure eye candy. Thanks for posting the additional photos!!

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Oh great and wonderful computer guru, Andrew.
Thank you for posting the other pictures for me.
I'm in your debt.
Your humble servant and technically challenged buddy.
John B.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
John,

Really enjoyed the interview..what a life you've had so far! The Colt is definitely "Eye Candy", but I lean more to sporting arms and love what you did to the Model 12 Winchester especially. I met Neil at an NRA convention in Philadelphia it has got to be about 25 years ago, and had a wonderful conversation with him. Keep up the good work.

Yours truly,
JJ Roberts-Manassas, VA

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What an interesting life John. I remember reading some tid bits about you in Tim Turpin's book and found it as fascinating then. The engraving and embellishments you do are just as fascinating. What a great thread for the historical archives.
Mike

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Well Mr. John, read your interview after a delightful conversation we shared. Must thanks you for the hour we must have spent on the phone and the pictures of your killer work ! Please remember to try and get up this way when you and your lady travel this way --- I'll have a pig on the grill and cooked for the full nine hours in your honor. We'll have us a good ol pig picking. Ken

Rick Eaton

Elite Cafe Member
John,
Enjoyed your interview and photos, thanks.
It was because of Gil Rudolf's and your encourgement at a knife show in Aneheim back in 92 that I went fulltime. It was just the exrtra help I needed to take the leap.
Many Thanks
Rick

Kerry Bogan

Great interview
I had the honor of meeting John at the Reno show last year and he is everybit a gentleman and a great teacher. I spent a lot of time asking him questions (which he graciously answered) and also looked at some of his engraved guns and teaching materials. Thanks John
Kerry Bogan

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
JJ, Mike, Rick and Kerry and all my other friends.
You all do this old hacker an honor by taking the time to read my interview and with your very kind words.

Mr. Ken, it was a great hour spent talking to you, I treasure it.
Thank you for the call. We were a little tough on your phone bill, for sure.
You have fostered and nurtured so many great engravers, I am in total awe of you.
But that won't stop me from enjoying a pig pull with you if I can get up your way on of these days.
Thank you for the kind words and the generous invite.
I'm looking forward to seeing you and many others do an interview in the future.
Best regards to all, John B.

fred carter

John - simply beautiful - in my mind gold on a blued background is hard to beat -it is wonderful to have the opportunity, for all of us, to see work such as this. Fred

Jake Dalton

It was a pleasure meeting you last weekend John. I hope our paths cross again.

Attachments

• IMG_20190125_195454.jpg
    IMG_20190125_195454.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 16

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Jake,
Thank you for the photograph of, L-R Dr. John Gunn, John B. and your sterling self.
It was great meeting you at the FEGA welcome party put on by our President Barry Lee Hands.
As a first timer I hope you attend many more meetings and display your talented engraving.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
As an aside Jake may I ask if you are related to the oil painting artist Justin Dalton?
Many years ago I commissioned paintings from him for my design business.

Sponsors