Sculpted Acanthus in different styles. [photos]

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
After Sam showed a cell phone photo of Acanthus, I thought I share my collection of sculpted Acanthus. They show different styles and origin.
Enjoy

arnaud

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat:Wow, now THAT's some stone relief sculpting from the top-shelf, Arnaud! Instantly, I'm a big fan of Mr. Lindenberg:thumbsup: Thank you for posting, Paulie

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Jörmungandr, for reminding me, I forgot where I found these. But anyway, a good think some of us store these things on the computer in case they could get lost.

arnaud

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What I like about this valuable group of leaf elements, Arnaud,

Is that they are photographs of carefully lit sculptures. As such they give us an opportunity to see real light fall upon the elements, creating shadows, they are therefore very good sketch subjects, where we can learn how to draw our own shade lines.

Thank you, I am going to save these!

Rod

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
if nothing else--a graphic display of "flow". for those wishing to engrave acanthus, the 3 dimensional aspect shown here is perfect to do drawing from for practice. great post, arnaud.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Martin, yes I know by now that Gargoyle posted it in the cafe a while ago. If I would have remembered, I would not have posted it again. But anyway, it seems some other members didn't see the pictures until now.
I'm sorry I couldn't remember where I got them from, probably because I have a small head and too much information to store.

arnaud