Critique Request Big Bass

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Hi I haven't posted in awhile due to work load and not done any scratching for two months, so thought it about time and started playing with another brass magnifier with bulino as well or should I say trying the Bulino. Plus a week away my mini Italian tour of some of the Italian masters BOTTEGA CESARE GIOVANELLI / GIACOMO FAUSTI at CREATIVE ART / LIONELLO SABATTI / GIANFRANCO PEDERSOLI / MARIO AND DAVIDE TERZI has fueled the fire again to get back at it, But I will put that in another post with some photos but for now another try for you to comment or pick to pieces. The scroll pattern is one of shawn's (sorry Shawn I just love your style)
[/IMG]

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
hey, that's the fish that broke my rod and line last summer ! or was it his twin ?

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Overall it is a pleasing design. I like the movement between the fish and the fly. One thing that would make the fish pop out of the picture a bit more would be shading of the scroll & leaves around the fish. If the leaves around the fish body were a bit darker (shaded) then the fish body would be a bit more defined from the background leaves and be clearly defined. Nice job.

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for comments, Tira will have a go when I get a little more time and darken the shading as you hve said.
Regards To All
Ray

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tira,
How would you (or would you) treat the shading differently where the fish is nearer or more far from the scrolls?
Question can be for anyone with an answer too.

Latest posts

Sponsors