First lettering job.

Jörmungandr

Elite Cafe Member
I told myself that I would not accept lettering jobs. Especially not now when I'm so new to engraving and haven't practised it anything.

But I got persuaded.. And friend called me and asked if I could do a pair of words, on a shell. Because no firm in the three closest towns that does lettering would accept it because it's to big.

It is a cannon shell, caliber 155mm. Weighs 20kg, and is a bit over a meter tall.

Oh well... Here it is.. Hope it doesn't look too shabby :eek:

Hylsa, liten.JPG Hylsa, liten2.JPG

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks nice to me. Did you do it by Hammer and Chisel? I ask that because I can't imagine how to hold that in a ball vise.

arnaud

mrthe

Like Andrew say , wow , to be the first lettering the choice of the object is very difficult , very large and curved! For me look great , congratulations ;)

Jörmungandr

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you everyone, happy that you like it. Feel free to say some critique if you have any.

Arnaud, I cut it all with a Lindsay Classic, foot control. Used a forehead loupe as magnification. I made my own "vice" with a broken office chair and a strap used for tying down loads on car trailers and such.

It was very fun to do, just left it off to my friend and I think he was happy enough with it since I now have a new one sitting here next to me that he also wants me to engrave :p

//DQ

Magnus

Klart lysande gjort, med ett sådant bra resultat pjäsen i sig och första gången hoppas jag verkligen att du fortsätter utföra bokstavsgravyr!!!

Magnus Svärd

Jörmungandr

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks all! Next week I hope to get started on the next one :)

Och tackar Magnus, det var väldigt eljest att göra, speciellt då jag ej gjort någon bokstavsgravyr förrut. Kan dock inte påstå att det är något jag kommer ägna mycket tid åt, finner inte text så intressant helt enkelt :p. Men vem vet!

//DQ