+ Reply to Thread
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First lettering job.

I told myself that I would not accept lettering jobs. Especially not now when I'm so new to engraving and haven't practised it anything.

But I got persuaded.. And friend called me and asked if I could do a pair of words, on a shell. Because no firm in the three closest towns that does lettering would accept it because it's to big.

It is a cannon shell, caliber 155mm. Weighs 20kg, and is a bit over a meter tall.

Oh well... Here it is.. Hope it doesn't look too shabby

Hylsa, liten.JPGHylsa, liten2.JPG
    "I devour the five lands and drain the three seas. Yet, only the sky is impossible to reach. With this body lacking wings, hands or legs."

"I am the world serpent. My name is Jörmungandr."

Post Thanks / Like

Looks nice to me. Did you do it by Hammer and Chisel? I ask that because I can't imagine how to hold that in a ball vise.

arnaud

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice indeed

And I can't imagine a harder object to start lettering on..............but that's what friends are for

Cheers
    Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like Andrew say , wow , to be the first lettering the choice of the object is very difficult , very large and curved! For me look great , congratulations

Post Thanks / Like

Looks very good!
    Bert Edmonston IV
    Jewelry, knife and firearms engraving
    Pueblo, CO
    240-367-6082

Bertram Custom Jewelers and Engraving

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone, happy that you like it. Feel free to say some critique if you have any.

Arnaud, I cut it all with a Lindsay Classic, foot control. Used a forehead loupe as magnification. I made my own "vice" with a broken office chair and a strap used for tying down loads on car trailers and such.

It was very fun to do, just left it off to my friend and I think he was happy enough with it since I now have a new one sitting here next to me that he also wants me to engrave :-P

//DQ
    "I devour the five lands and drain the three seas. Yet, only the sky is impossible to reach. With this body lacking wings, hands or legs."

Post Thanks / Like

Klart lysande gjort, med ett sådant bra resultat pjäsen i sig och första gången hoppas jag verkligen att du fortsätter utföra bokstavsgravyr!!!

Magnus Svärd

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent.

9. Likes Dale Hatfield liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all! Next week I hope to get started on the next one :-)

Och tackar Magnus, det var väldigt eljest att göra, speciellt då jag ej gjort någon bokstavsgravyr förrut. Kan dock inte påstå att det är något jag kommer ägna mycket tid åt, finner inte text så intressant helt enkelt :-p. Men vem vet!

//DQ