3 days at Sam's

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
I just spent 3 days taking lessons from our fearless leader, Sam. It was great meeting Sam and his wife Abby. They are a great couple and very gracious.

I went to Sam to get help in cutting lettering. I have been struggling with my lettering and I thought I would contact Sam for some help. All I can say is I learned more in one day watching Sam cut than I have spending months reading and experimenting on my own.

To those that think lessons are to expensive all I can say is keep on
struggling.:confused:

Sam I did qualify on the 600 yard range. My last shot was a 10x so I figured I better quit while I was ahead!:biggrin:

I did get to go down and see the rifle and get the transfers. I am going to cut them today. I will post them when I get them cut.

Thanks again for your help.

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Bama,

Good to hear that this was so valuable to you. I will be next month 3 days at his greatly feared mercy to get me indoctrinated on drawing. That is the area where I can use a leap instead of blindly struggling around forever just finding and touching the edges of the art.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Bama, and it was a pleasure having you as a student. Abigail and I really enjoyed your company :) And congrats on the 600 yard range qualification!

Yes, Hora is a victim...er...student in September and we are looking forward to having him with us for a few days :)

mrthe

wow what a great luck! congratulations i hope some day have the same opportunity! let me know Sam if in the future you will give some class in a europe school ;)

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Humm, maby there is a connection here. I'm going to spend next week wasting Sam's time. And Saturday I shot in the Tennessee State Championship Shoot for Benchrest Score shooting, and took second place in the grand aggregate (100 yard + 200 yard scores). I know second place is first looser, but since I've only been to about 4 shoots now and I'm shooting a borrowed gun, I was thrilled. I may have to line up another lesson before the nationals:)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Mrthe: Maybe you can come to America for a class :) I don't have any planned in Europe at this time.

Thughes: Looking forward to next week!

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I did qualify on the 600 yard range.
Bama,
Of course that was with a muzzleloader, wasn't it? We all know that once you go black (powder) you don't go back.

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
That's correct DK 54 cal 48 in barrel loading 150 3f and a patched round ball in the off hand position standing on one foot. I started to close both eyes to give the other fella's a sporting chance but I could tell I was shaming them so that is why I went to to the one legged stance.;)

thughes that's some good shootin I wish you well and success at Sam's

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Andrew, does it have to be a front stuffer? Black powder cartridge is a whole lot of fun too.

Andrew Biggs

Yip, that applies to anything black powder.........muzzle loader, cartridge, cannon.

I had a .54 cal Shiloh Sharps paper cartridge carbine at one stage. That was impressive with flame and soot coming out the muzzle and the breech at the same time. The residue nitrated paper managed to set grass on fire and the the cut off powder at my feet ignited after a few shots so I disappeared in a puff of smoke................it was a great days shooting :)

Cheers
Andrew