+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 days at Sam's

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 days at Sam's

I just spent 3 days taking lessons from our fearless leader, Sam. It was great meeting Sam and his wife Abby. They are a great couple and very gracious.

I went to Sam to get help in cutting lettering. I have been struggling with my lettering and I thought I would contact Sam for some help. All I can say is I learned more in one day watching Sam cut than I have spending months reading and experimenting on my own.

To those that think lessons are to expensive all I can say is keep on
    struggling.

Sam I did qualify on the 600 yard range. My last shot was a 10x so I figured I better quit while I was ahead!

I did get to go down and see the rifle and get the transfers. I am going to cut them today. I will post them when I get them cut.

Thanks again for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Bama,

Good to hear that this was so valuable to you. I will be next month 3 days at his greatly feared mercy to get me indoctrinated on drawing. That is the area where I can use a leap instead of blindly struggling around forever just finding and touching the edges of the art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Bama, and it was a pleasure having you as a student. Abigail and I really enjoyed your company And congrats on the 600 yard range qualification!

Yes, Hora is a victim...er...student in September and we are looking forward to having him with us for a few days

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

wow what a great luck! congratulations i hope some day have the same opportunity! let me know Sam if in the future you will give some class in a europe school

Post Thanks / Like

Humm, maby there is a connection here. I'm going to spend next week wasting Sam's time. And Saturday I shot in the Tennessee State Championship Shoot for Benchrest Score shooting, and took second place in the grand aggregate (100 yard + 200 yard scores). I know second place is first looser, but since I've only been to about 4 shoots now and I'm shooting a borrowed gun, I was thrilled. I may have to line up another lesson before the nationals:-)

6. Likes CJ Allan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mrthe: Maybe you can come to America for a class I don't have any planned in Europe at this time.

Thughes: Looking forward to next week!

Post Thanks / Like

I did qualify on the 600 yard range.
    Bama,
    Of course that was with a muzzleloader, wasn't it? We all know that once you go black (powder) you don't go back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ok Sam i will try the next year to planning a trip to USA

Post Thanks / Like

That's correct DK 54 cal 48 in barrel loading 150 3f and a patched round ball in the off hand position standing on one foot. I started to close both eyes to give the other fella's a sporting chance but I could tell I was shaming them so that is why I went to to the one legged stance.

thughes that's some good shootin I wish you well and success at Sam's

Post Thanks / Like

Yep....one sniff of that black powder and your hooked for life. Those cartridge guns will never catch on

Cheers
    Andrew