Luca Casari engraved Italian Art Knives by Fabrizio Silvestrelli

martinr

Just in from Italian knifemaker Fabrizio Silvestrelli (Silvester Knives) is this new pair of knives engraved by Luca Casari of Beretta. I have a feeling you guys and gals are going to like these. 4" blade length and 9 1/4" overall, they're two of the nicest knives in my small collection.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
amazing to look at. the foto bot right is just beautiful. looks transparent, apparent depth, and a totally great design//engraving job. thanks for showing.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
kinda makes me think of a ticker-tape parade!

martinr

Roger, I didn't commission the engraving so I really don't know much about Casari. I googled him and there is a short youtube video of him working on a gun with hammer and burin. He is 45 years old and has been with Beretta since 2002 or earlier. I'll ask Barry when he comes back from the GRS Grandmaster Classes.

Mitch, I'm assuming you mean ticker tape parade in a good way! If these knives were in the Olympics they would win gold in my opinion. Apparently I'm not the only one that feels that way, the dealer I bought them from offered to send me quite a lot of money if I would NOT buy them, that's how much interest there was in the pair.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i meant the upper section of the bolster is evocative of ticker tape and confetti- very lively & festive!

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Roger,

I met the Master in Val Trompia near Brescia in Italy in May 2011. You can read about this encounter in the article I did that was published in Engraver. I believe it was October 2011.

Sponsors