banknote engraving

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Those are fantastic, Bram. I'm sorry to see this type of engraving dying a slow death.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sam,This type of engraving is'nt dead yet,there still engraving at the Bureau of Printing & Engraving by hand with bruin and hand held magnifying glass,square gravers with no heel.Bram thanks for posting the stamps.J.J.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Not yet, JJ, but the engravers who can do it are fewer and fewer. An engraver I've talked to from the BEP told me much of it's done on computer now. :(

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Bram,

Thanks for this and all the other references you have posted. Your posting of these and all the other valuable references are helpful to all of us. These resources are valuable whether you are a beginner or a master.

It's much appreciated.

Chris

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A few years ago I took a tour of the BEP in Ft. Worth and there was nothing about the engraving, just the printing. I was a little dissapointed.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
omg, sam. that one of dempsey- unbelieveable. looks impossible to catch the emotion showing in this engraving of dempsey. the look of "i'm gonna knock your block off". so rare to feel this when looking at something so small.

anthonyuk

Hi everyone.
Thanks for the kind words regarding my pictures on Flickr and I'm so glad you found the thread on stamp engravers useful.
I found this board from a spike in traffic to my images and will hopefully find some other interesting topics regarding great engraving work.

Anthony

Sponsors