Announcement: EasyGraver sharpening fixture by GRS

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Sam. :tiphat: Oh by the way if you want to grind the top down to make it smaller all you have to do is turn the fixture over and grind way. It will be the same as the bottom with out a heal.

Life is to short to get tangled up in the ........ :rolleyes:
Sandy

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks, Sandy. Are you using this fixture? I haven't tried your idea but I will. I've always been a round the top off guy. :)

I would also like to reiterate that this fixture is designed to sharpen gravers mounted in GRS QC holders. If you're not using QC holders, then this fixture is probably not your best choice. While it's possible to mount a graver in a QC holder just to sharpen with this fixture, it's not likely to be your best bet and you should choose another sharpening method. This is probably the fixture's biggest limitation.

On the other hand, an inherent benefit of the EasyGraver fixture is that the graver geometry does not vary with graver length or in the relationship of the height of the sharpening surface to the table surface like with template systems.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Sam,
Yes I am using the Easy Sharp 105 degree Fixed Sharpener (I still haven't learned how to steer a 120 :confused:). I forgot to mention that you have to shim the bottom of the post stand when you turn the Easy Sharp over. I use duct tape. 2 layers make it almost level. Then you add a layer or two to get the angle you desire. The layers all depend on how thick the duct tape you use. :tiphat:

Sandy

Latest posts

Sponsors