iBook on Copperplate Script Instruction

arcangel6

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Folks,

It has been a long time. First, let me say that I am amazed at the number of page views for my post on ‘Engraver's Script Instruction’. Over 21,000 page views! That is truly amazing. I am very happy to announce that I have completed an interactive Copperplate instructional ‘iBook’ for the iPad platform. The iBook will be available for download on the iPad in the very near future. It contains most of my previously available material including instructional text, images and videos. It will be a ‘FREE’ download and just like my previous post there are no strings attached. I am not selling anything.

I produced a short video clip about a month ago showing what my interactive iBook will look like on the iPad:

https://vimeo.com/43948060

This book represents hundreds of hours of work since I began documenting my technique back in 2000. At present the book is over 80 electronic pages. The iBook was made on my iMAC using Apple’s iBook Author software. The only limitation of this truly remarkable format is that you will need an iPad to view the book. It will not work, at least at the present time, on any other tablet. It needs to be viewed on an iPad. It will not work on another

The book has been uploaded to Apple and I am awaiting their review/approval of the file. I will let you know when it goes LIVE on the iBook Store……..it is not available yet. For those that do not have an iPad you may download and print the complete 87 page Workshop Handout in pdf format at:

http://www.zanerian.com/VitoloBookHandoutComplete3.pdf

Should you be interested in my videos they can be accessed for free at:

http://www.iampeth.com/videos.php

Regards,

Joe Vitolo

Last edited:

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Downloaded PDF onto my kindle. Looks very good, but after seeing your video I really want the iPad version. It looks great!

mrthe

Wow this look great,i can't wait now to have it on my Ipad!! Thank you very much is very interesting and a real jewel!

Andrew Biggs

Fantastic and much appreciated thanks Joe.

That is extremely generouse of you to do such a thing and I can only imagine the work that has gone into producing such a thing.

The I-pad is a wonderful thing!!! :)

Cheers
Andrew

arcangel6

Elite Cafe Member
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Tim, to my knowledge at present you can't view this kind of book on a MAC. I sincerely hope that will change in the near future.

Regards,

Joe

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Fantastic, Joe!! Your generosity is very much appreciated! This is a must-have.

arcangel6

Elite Cafe Member
Hi guys,

Just a note about the text of the book. It should be noted that the book is composed of several of the articles I've published over the years. These were pasted together for this book; therefore, the narrative did not read as a cohesive book. I did some work to correct that but admittedly, I focused more on the images, videos and layout. I've already made some corrections. Hopefully the next update will clear up most issues. To be honest, right now I am VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY tired of looking at the book...hehe.

Regards,

Joe

arcangel6

Elite Cafe Member
iBook Update

Hi,

I will be uploading Version 1.01 of my iBook 'Script in the Copperplate Style' in the next day or so. The content will be the same but corrections have been made and the text re-edited.

I will post a message when the update is available on iTunes.

Regards,

Joe Vitolo

matthew.townsley

Elite Cafe Member
Joe,

I have found all of your material very helpful, your generosity is great. Not just the script bu tthe information across iampeth and zanerian as well.
Thank you! And Congratulations!

Matt

arcangel6

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Folks,

I am please to let everyone know that Edition 1.01 of my interactive iBook is available for free download through the iBooks store on your iPad. If you have already downloaded my iBook I would ask the you delete your original version and download this new copy. If you are not sure which edition you have check the Copyright section, page 'i' in the very beginning of the book. If it says at the bottom left of the page 'Edition 1.01', you have the most current version. However, if you see 'Edition 1.00', please delete that copy and re-download the newer version.

For those who do not know how to delete files from iBooks please see:

http://macinstruct.com/node/451

Regards,

Joe Vitolo

arcangel6

Elite Cafe Member
iBook Update

Hi Folks,

Just a reminder that my interactive iBook, ‘Script in the Copperplate Style’ is available for download through the iBooks Store on your iPad. It is a free download. If you have already downloaded the book be sure that you have the current version of the book (Edition 1.02). The version can be found on the bottom of the Copyright page.

You can also download it on computer using iTunes; however, it can only be viewed on an iPad running iOS 5 or higher and iBooks 2. It is a free download. Please don’t forget to Review and Rate the book on iTunes. The direct url link to my book is:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/script-in-copperplate-style/id547108521?ls=1

I realize that many folks do not own an iPad and can't download the actual iBook. Therefore, I have uploaded a PDF copy for you to view. PLEASE NOTE: this PDF version is not interactive and does not allow access to either the image galleries or the videos. Hopefully, this will give you a sense of the book. The direct link to the PDF file is:

http://www.zanerian.com/VitoloBook102.pdf

Regards,

Joe Vitolo

arcangel6

Elite Cafe Member
An Update on my iBook's availability

For iPad owners living in countries (i.e. Mexico, Japan, etc.) where my iBook is not available for download through iTunes, I am making it available as a free direct download through my zanerian.com website. I only recently discovered that the reason I am able to do this without going through iTunes is because my iBook is offered without cost.

You will need to download/save the file to your computer first, then 'drag and drop' the file to the "Books" section of iTunes, then load it onto your iPad. Just click on the link below:

http://www.zanerian.com/VitoloBookFINAL102.ibooks

Please keep in mind that the file is nearly 600 megabytes so it is a BIG file.

Regards,

Joe Vitolo

Latest posts

Sponsors