The New Dubber/Schowe Engraving Transfer System

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to thank Mike Dubber, Les Showe for the great seminar on gold inlay, and the chance to see world class engraving up close. Like in my handAlso thanks to Sandra Brady for her presentation and demo on scrimshaw you should see her art work also world class. Great job by all.

Also Mike and Les have a new transfer pattern for the Winchester 94 beautiful art by Mike, check out their site

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful work, Les. I think I have some idea of how much time and effort went into that project, as I am just sending my 1859 out to be blued, and still need to make a front sight for it.

You and Mike are performing a great service with the template and cast system. They are real time-savers. I have the 1800's set and will be applying it to a colt soon.

I will probably get the Model 94 set eventually, but the Model 94 that I have now is just too darned accurate to be retired as a looker - it shoots cloverleafs at 100 yards with factory ammo and one-hole groups with handloads. It's the only lever-gun I ever had that could do that. I will have to look for a wall-hanger to cut on.

Last edited:

leschowe

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Everyone,

I want to announce that Mike Dubber has just released a new "Borders" casting to Engraving Transfers. This is a very well done, inexpensive and educational discussion of borders. I think that this might be of considerable interest to engravers who might be studding and trying to understand various border techniques.

For anyone who might be interested please click the link: http://www.engravingtransfers.com/page17.html

Les

Latest posts

Sponsors