another airport sketch

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Tease

Shawn
You gota stop posting these sketches I just can't help saving them to try some time I just love them so, maybe you should just stay at the airport and sell your designs :biggrin:
Ray

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i'll be honest with you, Shawn, you better stick to engraving because that airport you sketched would have THE most convoluted traffic pattern EVER (with the possible exception of Atlanta/Hartsfield). i don't see any way it could get thru the FAA approval process, altho it DOES resemble the FAA approval process...

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Since it's original maybe a type cert. Maybe a field approval but that's a long shot.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We can always profit from Mitch's one liners!

Pierced out around the edges, Shawn, could be a really nice brooch.

My only critique might be, the big central flower has nice downward inflected leaves but the back one is odd duck out and inflects up?

best

Rod

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Shawn
For the most part I like the Jungle growth effect of the scroll and flowers except for one. The daisy to my eye just doesn't fit in. Everything is curvascious whilke the daisy looks like a pinwheel just sticking out of the mass. It just looks out of place to me. Maybe I just need more coffee this morning.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have to fly through Denver when I fly in and out of Durango. Three hour layovers in Denver are condusive to drawing. Also walking up and down the terminal to get the kinks out.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Shawn,

I am inclined to agree with the Durango Kid,

In your curvacious design, the daisy is bordering on a solid geometry look, however, a slight "S" bend on the daisy leaves might soften the flower, and allow it to blend into the overall nice jungle?

Looking forward to seeing what you cut!

Rod

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
the durango kid....i like that one.
there are many different flowers to choose from as well as leaves.
i have a photo here of some great engraving......who did this?

Sponsors