Marty-"FancyGun"

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I note that while Fort Collins and The Springs are getting a lot of press Durango is also in jeopardy. Hope you are well. I saw that Dave London is okay. I know there are others on the front range. I hope all are well and safe this fire season. Thinking of you all, Fred

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Fred.
I own a house in the fire area so far it is OK, My present home is out of the fire area and I have some evacuated friends staying with us. Dave
Also hope Marty etc are OK

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just had a couple of days with our good colleague, Dave London, with Coincutter Steve joining in.

More of that later. Dave and I witnessed the first "mushroom cloud" over Colorado Springs, as we went down town to visit the Money Museum, plus lunch. That start became the ranging Waldo Canyon fire, which accelerated on Tuesday. These pictures are not far from Dave, with the prevailing winds driving it north, Dave is a bit to the south, as is my sister's house. Other fires are also major, so I am trusting that a weather change, or some good fortune will occur, yet it is a desperate situation for those caught in its tracks. See here:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/capture...ires-waldo-canyon-fire-colorado-springs/5732/

Hang in there, Dave, Marty, and all of our colleagues nearby!

Rod

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Guys
Things have been a bit exciting here in Durango with a few fires. Fortunately so far it has not been as bad as what i have been seeing over by Colorado Springs. I have been thinking of you Dave and glad all is well with you. We have had 4 fires here in the Durango area. The two largest are between us and Pagosa Springs and that one has been burning for over 4 weeks in a wilderness area. The hairiest one has been near the town of Mancos not far from Mesa Verde. They seem to feel confident they have a good cautious handle on it and fortunatly no houses have been lost so far. It's spooky seeing a burn area all around a house and the house is OK. The firefighters are doing a super human job. Last Saturday while driving up from New Mexico, my wife and I drove past a fire literally just as it was starting along highway 550. It was amazing how fast and volitile the fire was in just a matter of minutes. Fortunatly the house near where it started did not burn to my surprise. It is still burning after 4 days but is under control. We do need rain here for sure. Seeing the firefighting helicopters and planes flying overhead is a common occurance these days.Thanks for the thoughts and concern my friends.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Marty,Dave,Stay safe and Rods your pictures tell us how a fire can get out of hand.J.J.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
rain, way less heat, slow winds, and prayers. i don't think i could mentally survive what so many are suffering out west. i pray for the safety for all in those affected areas.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dave
How are things going over by you? The fire photos are devestating. Over here by Durango things have settled down a bit as we have been getting a bit of monsoon rains which help. They did a backburn yesterday by Mancos on the norhtern edge of the fire and have it pretty much in control. No structures have been lost which is amazing.
Marty

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Marty
Glad they got it under control over there, 45% contained here looks like my place is OK they are letting residents back in. Send us some rain