another buckle

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Is there a particular reason why you mixed those two styles on one buckle? Could be you took the two best part of two buckles to make then one. :justkidding:

arnaud

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey there Shawn, I can appreciate why you wanted to try this but with what you can do with the single point relief style you have worked so hard on,why bother with the silver?I don't think the two styles go well on the same canvas.at least not yet.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think it's pretty sweet. I like the juxtaposition of the two style. Kind of a leather and lace idea.

How did you overlay the silver? Solder, mechanical?

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thanks for the interest.
this was a good practice project for me. dave i am with you it is not all that great to look at. either one or the other style of engraving.
i soldered on the silver.
one thing that i do like is that the single point was drawn on then cut....no transfer...so it was fast to cut.
i think that single point engraving cut out of silver then solder on to steel is the way to go.

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can see the value as a sample to show a potential client, :thumbsup: but I'm with Silverchip as to the beauty of the two styles together on the same piece :no:. I'm afraid they just clash. :shock: (great engraving, though :thumbsup: )

Sponsors