Jim Sacket Update

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
:-( thanks for letting us know. our thoughts & prayers are with you. he'll be missed.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sad news! Thank you for letting us know of Jim's passing. He will be missed. I looked forward to his posts. I wish you well in this time of sadness. Fred Marrinan

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is very sad news. Does anyone have a physical address for Jim's family?

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
Re Jim's Family

That is very sad news. Does anyone have a physical address for Jim's family?

Jim and I have been best friends and partners for the past 8 years. Condolences to his five children in the Chicago area and El Paso can be sent through me Diana Vagle, at PO Box 23, Hallock, MN. Jim lived with COPD for 32 years and lost his life to cancer, diagnosed 6 months ago. His friendships on Engravers Cafe renewed his love of engraving, awakened his creativity, and gave him a purpose for living. Thank you all for that. I will be needing advice from some of you about the best way to pass on his engraving equipment since I don't know where to start.

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Sorry to hear the news condolences to you Diana and to his family. He emailed me a few times about sign work he had done in the past and was a real nice guy, he will be missed.

Andrew Biggs

That is very sad news indeed.

I really admired Jim's enthusiasm, gentle sense of humor and the way he wasn't going to let his sickness get him down................ He was a great guy.

My very sincere condolences to you Diana and his family. He will be missed.

Andrew

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
We all adored our friend Jim, and my sincerest condolences to his family. He will be truly missed here in the Cafe.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sad to hear that, but at least me I saw that one coming. Jim never complained, but I could read it between his lines. I think one of his last treads he started on "family key rack!" made me think about his health.

yes he will be missed. no praying from me, only sympathy.

arnaud