Fingerprints are like faces, never twice the same.[photo]

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My dad (84 years old) who lives with us for some years now, although he only has one bedroom for himself, he has lot of old stuff he gathered over the years in there.
It is always a pleasure when he comes up with something “new”. In fact this is a newspaper print from his “archive” for over 30 years ago I guess.

I just want to share this idea, as those who are a bit familiar whit PS can do this ready for transfer and engrave it.
Could be a top selling item, although the idea is from the previous century.

Enjoy and share some results if you like this idea , arnaud

Last edited:

BES

Elite Cafe Member
HI Arno!
All the new — is forgotten old!
Modern designers use the techniques and ideas of their predecessors!
Thank you for the demonstration of this!
It is always interesting to look at the source!

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Someone said once that image engravers used to use their fingerprints as the basis for the lines they used for engraving scenes. They'd get the outlines on in whatever method they were using, smudge the piece with wax and put fingerprints over the area to be engraved and use the fingerprint lines to align their cuts.

Hopefully someone will explain this more clearly - I know I'm garbling it.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I've seen that before. It's Jesus done in one continuous line. View the image full size.

Or maybe it was this one I saw.

Andrew Biggs

Both images are very clever in their concept and perfectly executed. I can only imagine the work involved and the thinking behind it.

Arnaud........you need to start looking beyond your religious preconceptions and bias and start looking into the soul of what is in front of you. That way you will start seeing beyond your own prejudices.

Cheers
Andrew

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes Sam, Ive seen that one here in the Cafe before too, but as you say it is a continuous line. That was not my point.

I will try one example on this to show how I do one in PS. Thing is that opposite to what most people think about a fingerprint, it is not that a real fine cut you have to do, a fingerprint is not that micro lined. In fact one can see it real good with the naked eye..

So if you just put some ink on your finger, you can make a print of it on paper. Then put it in the scanner and you have your fingerprint digitalized

In PS you can add this on one layer and adding another one. By making that one on top transparent, you can see both, just like the old newspaper one.

It is not hard to do really

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew, I just have allergically reactions on religions.

Besides that I saw that image before in the Café, cut in one line.
My point was different, only showing both a face and a fingerprint of one person to cut something that can pay the bills while making something personal for customers who might like this..

arnaud.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
anyway, arnaud-- the "print image" should prove an interesting challenge for those bulino people.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
So would this be the artists comment suggesting a unilineal line from Jesus. Therefore perhaps some esoteric knowledge of an unbroken line of descent?
Or perhaps a unilinear Jesus... Which could suggest that simillar type folk should be popping up all over depending on a particular human masses stage of social development. And most likely suggesting that this particular incarnation be a pinnacle..

I'm not going to go the with the sam print ;). But only just to say that it is a very clever idea arnaud.
Rendering it on metal, Would you grave the lines and bolino the facial details? Grave all? Bolino all?

Enjoy.
mike

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Me neither will do the Sam fingerprint portrait, that because I already done it virtually. It was just to illustrate the know how.
In fact if I would execute all my creative ideas, at least I need nine lives.
Me engraving Jesus on a single line, that will never happen,

But as soon I have a customer for something that could fit this idea, I will do one. cutting the fingerprint first than adding the facial details.

arnaud