second bracelet

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Here are some photos of my second silver bracelet. This was the ribbon I didn't cut very well as I gave myself such a huge fuzzy line to follow with the mirror finish. I will try the white paint trick tomorrow. The bending went much better this time thanks to the tips ya'll gave me.

Todd

Attachments

• second bracelet 002.jpg
    second bracelet 002.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 183
  • second bracelet 003.jpg
    second bracelet 003.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 188
  • second bracelet 001.jpg
    second bracelet 001.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 182

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like the design and execution. Next time draw it on with a pencil and cut it.

thughes

Haraga,
I'm afraid I'm not near good enough for that yet. I still do a lot of erasing when I draw what passes for a " design" for me. Those are supposed to be dogwood blossoms by the way. The bending went much better this time, thanks again.

doug

Nice design and cut well.You might try the white layout fluid the ngraver co. sells it allows you to erace a pencil mark fairly well or you can just smear a little more over it and redraw.
Doug

thughes

Thanks very much for the kind words. I'm still probably the worst engraver on this forum, but you are right Andrew, I'm a lot better than I was, and thanks so much for your help.

I didn't take a picture of it bent before I gave it to my sister, but I can get it back and take one. I've given away the two sterling bracelets I've done to friends and family, but now I've got about 10 requests. Problem is I don't feel like I'm good enough yet that I should charge anyone for engraving, I can see so much wrong with it. Maby while I'm still at this level just charge them for the silver?

Andrew Biggs

The answer to that question is simple is simple Todd................YES

Charge for the silver and charge something for your time involved otherwise the expectation will always be free and your friends will keep you in a lifetimes worth of work :)

Cheers
Andrew

thughes

Thanks for the kind words. It's just that I measure myself by what I see y'all doing here, and I look at my stuff and realize How far away from that I am, and I think I shouldn't (and I don't) even call myself an engraver. I feel like I'd be one of those wannabee frauds to be charging people who don't know any better, while I'm fumbling around trying to learn.

Todd

Latest posts

Sponsors