Pair of gold jobs

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Really funny Arnaud... Why always this phatetic criticism. I'm a student engraving i'm more then 2 years busy trying to get there by looking to these masters there work for us students these men are God's. No hair on my head thinks on giving critique, i may not like the style but i'll keep that for my self.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Those pieces have a very unique type of design. The floral work has a sort of 18th century look to it. I wouldn't exactly call it scroll. I love that sort of stuff. It's for sure Phil doesn't copy anybody. The background color is quite different. I sure would be interested to know how that was achieved. It looks like color hardening that was altered with acid here and there.
It's fantastic for sure. Your stuff makes me keep going Phil.

Last edited:

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud, i'm still looking for a gun that I really messed up on.....i'll keep you posted:biggrin:

Jerry, nothing unusual here, it's just colour hardening, the areas I think you are talking about are the grey/brown ones, also the laquer deepens the colours which are a hit or miss, sometimes they come out better than others.

Phil

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Really funny Arnaud... Why always this phatetic criticism. I'm a student engraving i'm more then 2 years busy trying to get there by looking to these masters there work for us students these men are God's. No hair on my head thinks on giving critique, i may not like the style but i'll keep that for my self.

No you didn't keep it for yourself.

Men like God's, komaan zeg.

arnaud

Texasgerd

Elite Cafe Member
Phil
Amazing how you're able wor work the gold and color case hardening. I've always admired your work. Not a bad choice in shotguns makers to boot.

Latest posts

Sponsors