Pair of gold jobs

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Engraved in the 90's

Phil

Andrew Biggs

Fabulous work as always Phil and a rich treatment of the gold. It works beautifully with the colour case hardening.

The 90's!!!!...It hard to believe they finished 12 years ago. It seems like only yesterday. We all had more hair then for starters!!!! :)

Cheers
Andrew

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Phil, beautiful. I have been wanting to ask you. What do you to a piece when you finish the engraving to keep from rusting? Any special oil or treatment? How about those browning rifles that are satin nickled. Do you know anything about that process?

Thanks
Ed DeLorge

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
Lovely and Beautiful work, Phil. The color case hardening blends with the gold work brilliantly. Did St. Ledger do the color case hardening?

Regards;
Steve

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks All.

To answer your questions.

Back then I guess gold cost around £250 an oz.

Andrew, are you trying to say that my hair is now a little thin :biggrin:

Ed, I laquered these guns to protect them as always. In this case with a high gloss finish but it's possible to go matt by spraying from a longer distance and/or making the spray finer.

Steve, yes, Richard St.Ledger did the hardening.

Phil

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ah, the ninties....
I'll reassess my judgement of the decade, looks like it produced some good stuff after all!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Wonderful engravings, Phil. You provide PLENTY of eye candy here in our Cafe, and it's most appreciated. Thank you for sharing your fantastic artwork with us.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, terrific gold work. I never get tired of seeing your work.

Andrew, I maintain that I have as much hair as I ever have had. It is now however, oddly and annoyingly displaced. I believe I should leave it at that.

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Mr. Coggan,

Your work has been enviously masterful and striking for decades, may it continue for many more. Hopefully it will last many centuries in the museums lucky enough to obtain your fine work. And if I may say so Mr. Griffiths please leave your hair in its present arrangement as the engraving world does not need a Richard Simmons (it must affect the mind):caution:.

Bob

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
WOW is RIGHT! The combination of gold and dark case coloring is spectacular.

A LOT of gold but not so much that it is too much.

Latest posts

Sponsors