anybodty going to grandmasters??

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Awesome Bruce... I'm just curious who's going, this should be the best 2 weeks of my engraving career...

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Jeff: I'll be there too, this will be my fourth. You'll like Alain he's so talented it's scary. I first met him in 2005 at the Grand Masters, as well as Phillip Griffne. I took his class in 2008 as well as Phillip's. This year there will be two Grand Masters classes going on at the same time, so it will be crowded. One of the best parts of the classes is the barbeque and ho-down on the Friday night of the first week. Then the weekend is incredible with all the people that will be there. I've actually even learned something during the week end, and you'll find a lot of people who speak engraving.

Last edited:

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
TIm, it will be nice to meet you.... Im a jeweler as well and lookd forward to meeting alexander siderov.... I just hope their going to have enough people attend that class.... sounds like they might not.....

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
I'll be there for the interim weekend with guitar in hand and, perhaps, Sam will have his clawhammer technique down in time for the do. It is a great place to meet people you've only read about on the forum or in engraving books.

And I've a hankerin' for a Coburn burger just thinking about it.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I really, really want to attend the GM for the Sidorov class but I just can't make it work. Too many conflicts to get away for it. I know that class will be treated to some outstanding techniques.

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Jeff: I got this from a little bird, that Jim Blair, Rick Simmons, Dennis Dunaway, and a gentleman from Texas named Johnson, but his first name escapes me right now. Including you, Bruce, and me, makes seven, There will be ten total so who's left?

Last edited:

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Tim, Wow, I recognize alot of those names.... I really can't wait, been looking forward to learn from Alain and all of the others that will attend for a long time....

JAKE N

Count me in as number 9 for Alain's class...not sure on the last seat And I am sad to report that "Coburn's" was bulldozed and is now a "Spangles"...

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Man Fred.. I thought Rabeno was the only other person that went to that dive!! That is why they bulldozed it down..
:)

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Rex, Marty & I know good grub when we taste it. The best burgers & sausage in Chicago used to be on Maxwell Street. They were grilled on an incredibly greasy old grill over a charcoal fire by a big guy with a formerly white apron now covered with grease and blood. MMMM boy! I bet Marty knew of similar places in NYC. At least two of us will miss Coburns.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
And you might even get a discount on any equipment you buy while your there.

Just to clarify about equipment sales during GrandMasters, the GRS sales team does not pursue sales with anyone attending. This event is about education and recognition of the Grand Masters’ contribution to the art – nothing more. All sales personnel are restricted from approaching students, guests, and/or the Grand Masters for sales purposes. If any of the attendees wish to purchase items, they must make personal contact with a sales person.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We had a place back east called "Greasy Nick's" Dont know the real name but everyone knew where Nick's was. Heck.even the Limo's from Manhatten knew how to get there with their rides. And Rex thinks the Village in is the cats meow.
Sorry I wont be able to make it to the GM this year . It should be a great time

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well for breakfast anyhow.. But it is hard to beat a BA burger from Bruff's or a steak from the New Breck.

Sponsors