Te Atua/The Gods

Andrew Biggs

A William Henry Studios knife featuring Te Atua...............The Gods

B side: (knife closed) When Rangi and Papa separated there was a time of chaos when their children fought and quarreled with one another. It was their eldest son Tane, who became Lord Of the Forest that separated his parents and to this day still battles his brother Tangaroa, Lord Of The Sea and father of whakairo (carving) for dominance over the earth. Between them is their brother Tumatauenga, the God of war and remains undefeated in battle. He is holding a mere which is a short clever used in combat with devastating effect..

A side: (knife open) Rongomatane, another son of Rangi and Papa, is the God of food and cultivation and his brother Tumatauenga developed the ko (digging stick) so that he could harvest Rongomatane's children from the earth. Underneath him is Niwareka, descendant of the underworld who is responsible for bringing fiber art into the world. Beneath her feet is her husband, Mataora, a mortal that brought moko (tattoo) back from the underworld and into the mortal domain. On both sides of the knife, at the very top, are Manaia attending to and watching the Gods.

Cheers
Andrew

mrthe

Congratulation Andrew look Great! i like very much your style very beautyfull knife ;)

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
It is a pleasure to show your work to my collegues here on the other side of the world. Great work, nothing less!

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew, this is another in a long series of "home runs", or whatever the equivalent is in soccer (football to you). William-Henry is lucky to have you on their "team". (Notice please, how I've cleverly stayed with sports metaphors!) Great work mate!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Fantastic, Andrew! Beautifully done and I always enjoy the accompanying text :thumbsup:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just FANTASTIC in creativity as usual Andrew. Your work is unique and consistently well done.

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Andrew,

You have brought your engravings back from the underworld to our mortal domain ... Another killer job:thumbsup:

Andrew Biggs

Apologies for the late reply. I've been away for a couple of days R&R

Thanks for all the kind comments and like messages. The WH knives are certainly a pleasure to engrave.

Cheers
Andrew

Jim Kelso

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Andrew. I always enjoy your unusual designs and superb craftsmanship.

Jim

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for showing us your latest, Andrew. :cool: I always enjoy the stories that accompany them. :clapping: They inspire me to try for an engraving theme for my projects, but so far I fall down in that area! :thinking:

Sponsors