Carved Lee Helgeland Winchester Model 70 458 Magnum by Barry Lee Hands

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Crazy, I never measure, but I would guess almost .030 inch at the deeper levels.
Monk, this is just the beginning, I still have to go over the quarter rib, hehe.
Here is a pic of the overall floorplate:

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i know a way to improve this ; mail it to me-- i'll wear it as a pendant ! that's just plain beautiful work !

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Charlie.
I am here in Davao city, taking a little r&r at jones beach resort at talomo beach.
If you get a chance stop in and say hi :)

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Cronite Steel Etching Acid Question I see there is one with and one without mercury, besides the obvious (mercury) what is the benefit of having vs not having it, not speaking of health issues.

Im looking to work with regular blued colt 1911 and stainless steel colts, how would this work on stainless steel?

Thanks again for the help.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for rejuvenating this thread. I'd forgotten how in-depth (pun intended) this tutorial was. I used to do etchings and am familiar with the process but never tried it as a sculptural technique. I may just buy some new acid and resist and try this.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for rejuvenating this thread. I'd forgotten how in-depth (pun intended) this tutorial was. I used to do etchings and am familiar with the process but never tried it as a sculptural technique. I may just buy some new acid and resist and try this.

Doc is there a difference with the Cronite with or without mercury?

Latest posts

Sponsors