Some study drawing and final result for a engagement ring

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Can’t help it that most my work I show is done on Ti.

Here are some designs I made using a pencil and paper, a study for an engagement ring a customer ordered.

arnaud

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very very beautifil ring Arnaud, how do you get the freakish edges on this ring.
They look even thicker then the rest, did you hammer it or....can you melt this on Ti ???

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud

No need to apologize for working with Ti - especially when you're doing such fine work! :thumbsup:

I like the background you did one this one. Is it just slightly irregular straight lines you're using to give that nice surface? We got so obsessed with getting fields of perfect, clean lines that we forget the beauty a little irregularity can give.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you mrthe, I try hard every time to come up with something original.
No Willem, sure you can melt Ti, but that woild change the structure, perhaps when melting in a vacuum or Argon gas filled atmosphere.
Thanks Steve, that is a great compliment you give me. If I may refer on Jim's tread where he shows the Peony pendant , If I'm right it is adding an imperfection what makes Japanese Art look perfect.

arnaud

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That ring is my favorite of the jewelry you have shown Arnaud. It combines a modern free form structure with traditional engraved embellishment. Well done.

Roger

Latest posts

Sponsors