Nick and round border with some stone setting on Ti.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is another practice I tried after seeing Sam’s DVD preview on “Jewellery engravingâ€￾ that you can watch on YouTube.

arnaud

Twinck

Very impressive!! The settings look almost Cnc cut!!

Loving the amount of Ti you do, will have to get some tips once I get cutting some ;-)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
The border looks great Arnaud. I don't think I could do it any better. :thumbsup:
Your stonesetting looks like it's done with great precision. A very nice ring indeed.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks all, Sam yes great precision is what is about this kind of jobs we all try to do the best we can. Thing is , I do not use dividers for drilling the holes, but I used dividers for the nick and round border.
As I think about that now, I should have been able to divide the border space just by the eye like I do on stone setting.

Chris, I didn't have Shmoil when

I did this. And the Smoil really isn't that good for drilling holes, but perfect for the graver. Sounds strange but that it is. I use something else to drill holes, I call it soap, as it just looks like a shaving soap stick.

James, I you use regular burs like the one that come from Bush, on Ti you can only drill 3 holes and after that the holes become to be smaller. But I use more expensive ones made from carbide. Yes more expensive but not in the long run.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors