R.I.P. Verne Walrafen

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
Before my first GRS class in Emporia, I had the pleasure of spending an entire day with Verne looking at each coin in his collection (hundreds of coins) with a magnifying glass. It was an experience that helped improve my engraving. On each following trip I made to Emporia, Verne always made time to break bread and talk nickels with me.
Verne will be missed beyond measure. Stephen

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Verne also gave me some encouragement on a few early coins. I completed one in 09 and he purchased it. I called it the genie and he thought it looked like Mr. Onion head. That is Mr. Potato heads cousin. We had a good laugh about that. My condolences go out to his family and friends.
Doug

AndrosCreations

Elite Cafe Member
I was sorry to hear of Verne's passing... He always always kind to me and I enjoyed the few phone conversations we had. He was always kind to display my work on the OHNS page and also commissioned my first piece.. (which was probably my first engraving 'commission'). I don't know what will become of the coin carving world without him... but when a man dies and leaves a huge, negative void in any aspect of life's journey, it proves his immense value. Andy

coincutter

Elite Cafe Member
Being a vet I rarely shed a tear.
But today that's not the case.

I will miss you Verne where ever you are. You were a great friend. Perhaps someday our tracks will cross again.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Never met him, but from reading everyone's post, i can tell he was a stand up guy, my condolences to his family.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Sponsors