Book The Art of Gun Engraving

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is an excellent book:thumbsup: I highly recommend it.

I first bought a copy in French at the Louisville gun show, I think in 1999, and later bought a copy in English. This book was my first introduction to the work of Alain Lovenberg. I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the large images of the Napoleon gun!!!

Thanks to the book I ended up visiting the Museum of Nature and Hunting in Paris where many of the antique guns pictured reside.

Last year I had the privilidge of meeting the author, Claude Gaier at the IWA show in Nuremberg. He is a fine gentleman and an authority on fine guns.

I still have my copy written in French and it is in new condition. If someone would like to have it, I will sell it for $40.USD plus postage. I know from sending my other books to Europe that it is pretty expensive but I think the book would be worth it. I might add that you don't need to speak French to enjoy the book as it is mostly pictorial though Amazon seems to have plenty of English versions.

Send a PM if you want the book.

Roger

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
Bonjour, Roger,

I am posting this here because the site claims that your mailbox is full, and it won't accept my pm.

The check for $46 goes into the mail today.

Please write me a little note on the flyleaf, just for old time's sake.

Mike Fennell