Scroll cutting & shading practice #1

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
My result :

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
...Did you use some type of transfer technique?...
No, unfortunately, and it shows :eek:
I draw design only with pencil. I always do it, because I think that gives "life" to the engraving and carving. Although this is not the most precise method of applying of the drawing

edit:
Thanks to all for the kind words about my small experiment. For me , this is a new ornament
In the picture up, I noticed quite errors , that I removed

Last edited:

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, everyone seemed to have a good time with this exercise, so I thought that I should try it too. I figured that I would go a different route so here is my attempt at Sam's great design. I know that Icould have engraved this much quicker, but this seemed to be more fun. It took about 6 hours and it is not finished to the degree that I would for my figurative Cameos, but it was just for fun. It's about 1 3/4 inches long. Hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• Scroll-Cameo-copy.jpg
    Scroll-Cameo-copy.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 683

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
A cameo version! Doc, that is beautiful! I can't imagine the amount of time in that sculpting. Wow!

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Sam and Evgeni. As I said it took about 6 hours, but it was fun to carve. I'd never done a "non-figurative" carving on a cameo before and this has convinced me that it may be something I might want to pursue. I could see this type of design for jewelry but I'd need to find a local jeweler willing to mount the cameos in a broach or necklace mount.

ivar

It is beter to be late than never haha.... I did mine on silver plate. Fun to participate in this, thanks.

Dimas

Elite Cafe Member
Me gustarón muchos trabajos, Personalmente me lie con los Scroll, y realice este otro modelo para seguir practicando. Este lo hice sobre acero. espero que les guste. Saludos.

Scroll Dimas 03.JPG

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Great works, Ivar and Dimas! Both very nicely done :thumbsup:

I'm adding to the RESULTS thread.

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Luis Sigaudo's try

Here is a gift from Argentina.

Luis Sigaudo has cut it on a german silver pendant.

I like it , thank you Luis for your beautiful work and more even for your friendship.

Jean

Luis Sigaudo.JPG

cowgirlup

All of this talent just makes me feel silly for even being on here! :) I've only ever used flat gravers so far, I'll have to try this type of engraving...and post my pictures...23 years from now. ;)

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
I am going to have to find time to try this. Sam thanks to you and your efforts and time. Where is this results page?

Sponsors