+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I like what you did with this Arnaud!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Arnaud, that is perfect! Not much else to say...how about engraving it next?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Sam, did my best on this one and yes I will cut it too if not Leonardo will cut mine with his Artesa

arnaud

Post Thanks / Like

This has to be the largest thread ever started.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I believe it is, Mike. A fantastic thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I am so late to the party but wanted to join in. started with a piece of hot rolled rusted steel 2 " wide x 1/8" thick. Filed off the rust and scale. Lots of imperfections still present in the practice plate (both rust and scatches show the polishing was insufficient) and photos for me are always a challenge but I had a lot of fun with this. Cut it several times to sort of show progression of the process...hey its practice more is better. On the lastest version in series I included a bit of copper inlay . Bill

Last edited by bthomas; 04-14-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: picture blurry

7. Likes dimovengraving, mrthe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill, Nice work. Your shading is getting better with each. Next time you have a plate in the condition you state, even with black scale from rolling, try toilet bowl cleaner as first step. You'll be surprised at the effectiveness. Fred
    Want to learn to engrave, "cut an inch a Day every Day" Jim Small
    Fred Marrinan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fred for encouragement and for tip...I may pick up some toilet bowl cleaner for my own use in the garage (afraid of asking my wife if we have any as it may come with a chore)

I tried to get a less blurred picture of the inlayed version

Post Thanks / Like

Well it seems Leonardo did not read my post when I asked him to cut the design with his Artesa, so I will have to cut it seems before mine gets into the collection as well.

arnaud

Post Thanks / Like

another post to the 'thread that will not die'... i actually did this 2nd engraving a few weeks ago (when this thread was still a bit more active), but didn't get around to shooting it until yesterday. for comparison. i'm re-posting my first effort, too. as you can see, numero uno was done big, bold, & simple, with almost no modifications to Sam's original layout. my 2nd attempt has quite a few alterations and the shading is much finer, making for a much more intricate, interesting design overall. i also shrunk #2 a bit to limit the acreage needing shaded.
    i figure i did the first one, maybe this will also be the last.

OK, ANYBODY KNOW WHY I CAN ONLY EVER LOAD ONE PHOTO AT A TIME??? WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO CLOSE OUT, THEN GO BACK LATER TO UPLOAD ADDITIONAL PHOTOS?!?!?! First pic- ziiip! loads in about 2 seconds. 2nd pic? grinds, & grinds, & grinds, & grinds, & grinds, & grinds, and doesn't do jack**** EVERY FLIPPIN' TIME.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mitch; 04-21-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Hallelujah! Only 9 hrs til i could load 2nd shot...
    Mitch Moschetti

MRM ENGRAVING
    www.mrmengraving.com

12. Likes Bama, Dimas, mrthe, Titian liked this post