Scroll cutting & shading practice #1

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Thank`s for the feedback thughes. I have seen pictures of your work, and the shadings you have done is wonderful compaire to mine.

I have not "cracked the code" yet considering the shading, but with more practice, hopefully it gets better:)

This thread is old, and as Steinar F (from Norway too) says, sorry for bumping this thread.

I have already started on a new one with the same pattern, and I will post a picture when it`s done.

Jørn-Ove

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
2. p-plate

And now the second one is finish:biggrin:

I`m improving, but there is a lot to work on though.

Shading is definitely not easy, but everytime I log in to this forum, I learn something new, and hopefully I become a better "shading" engraver with more practice. I`m using my old x2,7 optivisor when I cut, and I`m really sense that my eyes is not what they where 15 years ago, so I have to consider buying something that will improve my sight.

Jørn-Ove

Attachments

• IMG_2455.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 314

Brady

This is my first posting on the engravers cafe forum. I took basic metal engraving with Sam Alfano at GRS back in September 2015 and it was a really great experience! Shading for me is much more difficult than I had anticipated so I was happy to see these exercises available to continue practicing outside of the classroom setting. Thanks!
Brady

Attachments

• 20151130_200721-3.jpg
    20151130_200721-3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 156

Sponsors