Scroll cutting & shading practice #1

mrthe

Mitch very beautyfull plate! i like very much how you have modificate the design!

gantzi

Hi,
This is my humble version of the 'Scroll Cutting and Shading Practice #1' and it's mostly thanks to you guys, I learned a lot from your posts.
In Hebrew, there's a proverb saying "be a tail to lions and do not be a head to foxes", although I still slip a lot, I definitely feel I'm a tail to lions!
Thank you
Guy

GuyC.jpg

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Guy, I like that one ""be a tail to lions and do not be a head to foxes""
Looks good to me, I even have similar ones that illustrates my learning curve.
Keep going

arnaud

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat:WOW that's some wonderful sculpting,:thumbsup::thumbsup: Doc Marc! You're doing great honor to those nice Mr. Alfano outlines:clapping: Greetings, Paulie:beerchug:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here I go Sam, took some time I know. I hope I’m not too late to have mine on the result page.
I had to wait for my En-Set to arrive. And as I had to play with it a bit to get used with the new tool, I did it twice. The zippo imitation was a bit harder as I had to cut true the chrome plating.

arnaud

mrthe

Arnaud ,nice Zippo! before the En-set what tool you had used a gravermax? how do you feel with the change?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mrthe, thanks, my first and only tool before the En-Set is a GraverSmith. I know it is not used by many, but I'm quite sure it is just the same as the gravermag or max.
It is the slow speed I like much and the easy control to make a hairline and regular cut without changing settings. And of course its sound is great.

arnaud

bthomas

Arnaud, you have created a very nice engraving. Whichever tool you are using you are using it well, I like the way you controlled the cut...and on chrome no less on a thin vibration prone lighter case.

Bill

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat:Nice work, Arnaud! Very clean cuts on that Zippo, you are doing great honor to Mr. Alfano's outlines too!:clapping: Greetings, Paulie:beerchug:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Beautiful job, Arnaud, and well worth waiting for! I've added it to the Results thread in the Tips Archive. :thumbsup:

BES

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Arno! Excellent work! And a Good test for En-Set!
It was a serious Test.
Cut Chrome quite a complicated Thing!
Accept my Congratulations!

Hey all!

Sorry for bumping this thread that has been inactive for so long.

I just finished engraving my contribution for this thread.

I hope you all like it. :)

Attachments

• ForumScrollFosback.jpg
    ForumScrollFosback.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 370

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
very nice, Steinar! try to increase the depth & width- the 'weight'- of your shading lines as they converge. this will help the lines make a nice, black shadow when they overlap, without needing to use so many fine, narrow lines further out in your leaves. (i don't have the ability to show this on a computer, but maybe somebody will post a photo demonstrating what i'm trying to say.)

myxlplyk

A newbie here... Very much appreciative of all the people putting their work out there to learn from. I'm working on this and also got Sam's drawing scroll dvd to work on.

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
My first practiceplate and my first post on this forum

I have done some push graving on my homemade knives before for about 15years ago. I then bought Meeks book and made some homemade Tools to give it a try. Unfortunately I lost interest because I didn`t got it right, but now I finally got sparetime to begin to try to learn engraving again. 1 month ago I bought some gravers and Lindsay sharpening template With a presharpen graver.

Why haven`t I done this before. Engraving is really funny. ;)

This is my first practiceplate in steel ever. With many errors and slips, but this was really fun!!

Fantastic forum by the way. The last couple of months I have been Reading this and Lindsay`s forum every day to learn more about this fantastic art.

Sorry for my English. I have not used the Language since I went to school in 1985:)

Regards
Jørn-Ove, Norway

Attachments

• Gravering-practice plate.jpg
    Gravering-practice plate.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 289

Latest posts

Sponsors