Question: Taylor & Co Smoke Wagin

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Taylor & Co Smoke Wagon: Has anyone engraved on of these yet? The lady at Taylor says they are case hardened. I know that they are just Uberti Cattleman with action jobs. Therefore they should just have case color chemically applied and nit hardened. Anybody know?

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Beathard,Taylor & Co has two tables at the Chantilly gun show this weekend I go by check the Uberti Cattlleman for you.I would think there case color is chemically applied, cyanide because of the price of the gun.I get back to you tomorrow night. J.J.

Last edited:

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Beathard,

What make and model was the first gun you did? Just asking becuase I'm getting ready to purchase a gun for my first project and can't decide on handgun or long gun....

Donny

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Beathard,I went to Taylor & Co's table today and looked over the guns and all the frames are done with cyanide,which is easy to remove.Get a good gunsmith to remove the barrel and polish the frame with wet & dry automotive paper.Start with 360 400 and may 600.I did Remington Rolling Block pistol with the cyanide finish a while back with no problem. J.J. :thumbsup:

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Donny, my first was a Heritage Rough Rider RR45B5. It is an Italian replica of a Colt SAA. It is the one Rex Pederson had us do in the GRSTC firearms class. I currently have a Bond Arms Derringer in the vise and two Rough Riders stripped and read to go. All are customers guns. The Smoke Wagon will be mine for Cowboy Action Shooting.

JJ, thank you so much for the info. I am scared to order something I haven't seen. But with your info, I will place the order on Monday.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Beathard,

Thanks for the info!!! I was looking at the Cimarron Thunderer in Stainless steel with the 4 3/4 barrel.
SASS ???? My SASS alias is.... Marshal Restin Peace, SASS#22310.:cool:

Donny

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Beathard: Whats Wrong With A Ruger Vaquero, I've Done Several And They Are Not That Hard To Do If You Have The Decent Carbide Tooling.Buy American If You Can!

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I thought the only two American SAA were USFA and Colt. I can't afford either.

Donny my SASS alias is E. N. Graver.

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Beathard,

Thats Cool :cool: My wife is Ima Daisy She is the total Doc Holiday FAN!!! from Tombstone.

Donny

JohnR

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Beathard, I've done several Uberti six shooters and they were all very nice to engrave on. My first engraved firearm was a side by side coach gun by IAC which I used for SASS........JohnR

Sponsors