+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A total lack of ethics.....

While browsing an online web site I noticed a engraved knife for sale. Upon closer examination to my dismay and disgust, I noticed that the engraver flat out copied a knife that I engraved a number of years ago for Barrett/Smythe. I called the lister of the knife who I believe is also the engraver and got an answering machine. I will be very surprised if he calls me back. Take a look for yourself and see if I am wrong.

Attached Images

2. Likes Titian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sure looks like a copy to me, Marty

I found an engraver who had taken my designs from a photo of an engraved tie clasp on my website and was using them to decorate HIS site. When I confronted him about it he claimed he'd gotten the design from a free clipart website, but of course couldn't remember where. I never bought the lame story and he removed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sho' nuf looks like your design. Where could they get the exact same knife profile? Is it a common brand or design? I can't see the small pictures too well, so couldn't study any details. Could it actually BE your knife being sold by someone unaware of it's real value?
    Mark Sedlak

"It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right." Moliere

Post Thanks / Like

I just seen your post and doc marks thourght that it maybe the original so I had a look and scaled both images the same size and zoom up yes its a copy but do take heart its a very crappy one at that the scene with buffs is of low quality against yours and as you said not ethical. luck its not for china there could have been thousands more (sorry for the joke) the old saying comes to mind brake a leg.

ray

Post Thanks / Like

I remember that incident you had with your design Sam.
    Doc. The knife that I engraved was a stainless folder by Jesse Horn. The little ring on the back of the knife that was copied was actually a removable gold toothpick. In this copy it looks like it is one piece part of the knife. So it is not the same knife that I engraved. It's funny how you know and recognize your own work intimately. It will be interesting to hear what this person has to say if he returns my call.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Ray
    The quality doesn't look very good. Knife or the engraving. Crap.I hope he didnt sign my name to it in chinese

Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather bad copy!

PS...does your name even translate into Chinese?
    TOS
    (The Other Sam)

FEGA LIFE
    ACGG LIFE
    Guns, Guitars and Old Cars
    A.I.E.

Cravingravin=a chronic malady that afflicts some of the world's nicest people...TOS

9. Likes BrianPowley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting.he has removed his for sale posting for the knife on Guns International but still hasn't had the cahones to return my phone call.......

SamW.. with my mixed spanish,greek,turkish and Jewish heritage...grew up in the BRONX.. so of course it can be translated in to Chinese.

11. Likes Keith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the guy can't understand your message with all the beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep beep, beeping in it

Cheers
    Andrew

13. Likes eastslope liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrew...............
    Bleeping and $%##8&*** in one of my sedate messages?????????? nah.. I'm like a fluffy puddy tat... OK so I also have sharp teeth